The deadline for drawing and submitting draft maps passed on February 22, 2022.
The public mapping tools to assist the public in drawing maps are available below. There are different tools for different purposes, and different tools for different levels of technical skill and interest.
A variety of map-drawing tools will be available:
1. Paper-only maps for those without internet access or who prefer paper.
- Public Participation Kit – Paper Map w/ Population Count (in English or Spanish)
- Alternatively, submit any form of hand-drawn map that identifies street names.
2. Paper maps with a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet to calculate population totals
- Public Participation Kit – Paper Map w/ Population ID#s (in English or Spanish)
- Public Participation Kit – Excel Spreadsheet (in English or Spanish)
3. Dave’s Redistricting App (DRA 2020) is a free web app to create, view, analyze and share redistricting maps.
4. Caliper’s Maptitude Online Redistricting mapping tool to draw maps census block by census block and submit maps electronically.
5. Interactive Review Map to review, analyze, and compare maps, not to create them. Zoom in and out on map boundaries, view population counts/ID#s, and view draft maps (once the draft maps are released).
6. Additional Map Drawing Resources
If you would like to submit a map created using your own software, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include: (1) a GIS Shapefile and/or a Census Block equivalency file (using 2020 Census Blocks); and, (2) a description of the choices and key points of your map.
Submit maps to email@example.com. After you submit your map, the demographic consultants will generate the population and other demographic details for your proposed map. Maps can be viewed on the Draft Maps page or on the Interactive Review Map.
It is helpful if you submit written comments with your map describing how your map was drawn to meet the required criteria. An example of this would be describing the specific neighborhoods or communities of interest that are kept within a single district.